Thursday, January 11, 2007

DirectInput Stuff Committed

I've finally committed my DirectInput implementation into svn. The controls are now F1 and F2 for moving, and 'h' for displaying the configuration UI. If you are running on your home machines you will be able to change and save configuration changes.

I will start making my own configuration UI just in case we can't get access to the required folder, and also looking at the input implementation for XNA.

Btw, I'm getting an error window pop-up when I minimize the game window and then restoring it. It's the same error that Ed had last on Wednesday night I think. Pete: don't know if you can fix it. On that note, I think we should have a topic on the forum that's on bugs that we found.

2 comments:

p3000 said...

Ada, I fixed the issue, I was trying to Restart the device on minimization, which wasn't supposed to happen. Fixes are committed.

Everything works great now.

Another issue though: When I run the program with your input code in, in the visual studio console a few MapExceptions are thrown. When I take out your code, they aren't there. It's not critical at this point, but it's something to look at.

p3000 said...

Oh, ignore what I said about MapExceptions, it's because of the permissions for actionmapping on the lab computers. I don't get those errors on my laptop. =)